samedi 17 novembre 2007

Action & Attention

I just happened to surf on the net this morning and accidentally, I found the text on BuddhaChannel about SOSBurma written by the founder of BuddhaChannel.
I was so surprised and shocked by what's written, and I still am. He said, on his blog, SOSBurma doesn't exist. Infact we had a meeting with him last night at his place discussing what we were planning to do on the same day but at the different time. But now it seems to me that he doesn't want any other group or individual to work on Burma issue on 17th November by saying such things on his website. (I simply just don't understand why he wrote such things because what he wrote is not true and it doesn't help anybody.)
In fact, SOSBurma is a group of artists/activists who would like to draw attention in international community for Burma. We are young and nice, as he has mentioned on his website of BuddhaChannel but not stupid. We know exactly what we are doing. And we are more than 3 which is the number he mentioned and we all have spent relatively long time in Burma (If you don't trust us, ask us any question and you will see our knowledge on Burma is not based on Wikipedia but on personal experiences ! )
After all, who is he to say whether we exist or not ? This is none of his business.
Last night, during and after the meeting, I was thinking that it is now really great that more and more people are working on Burma issue in Paris but perhaps I was totally mistaken. And also, during our meeting last night, the leader of BuddhaChannel mentioned that they didn't have any further intention to work on Burma issue in the near future. Still I was happy to have met with him because I thought he was really doing something for Burma with good intention.
Now I am sad for what I have just read on the website of BuddhaChannel. Had he really been a open-minded person, he would not have done such a childish act, I guess !
The only thing that I would like to mention on behalf of SOSBurma is that we exist but not in the institutional or organizational form like BuddhaChannel. And we will keep up with our belief that "if we really want to do something, how small or how big you are, you can make it happen as long as you have the strong will".
We welcome everyone open-minded or narrow-minded who wishes to work on Burma issue. (It is important to note that we are working on BURMA issue to help Burmese people but not to advertise our organization and find funding or whatsoever. We don't need funding but we need action and attention more importantly)
If you are interested in taking real action in the streets, among people and talk to them face to face about what has been going in Burma for decades, you, whoever you may be, are always welcome.

3 commentaires:

Tinhy a dit…

Very Well...

Catherine a dit…

If I can help to us I will dot it

si je peux vous aider, je le ferai avec toute mon énergie et elle est grande je peux vous l'assurer..

Anonyme a dit…

FUCK THAT GUY FROM BUDDHA CHANNEL, MATE. I have also heard about him from some of my friends. I know it's not easy to draw attention for Burma in Paris but hopefully you guys can keep on working about this god forsaken country because this is what is needed to be done.